Friday, April 8, 2011

The nights will be longer - another poem!

Poetry and writing are just two of the things I have forgotten to do in a while. College days honed these skills and even won me some cash. $$$ Hehe. But most of all, I write to express what I want, what I think and what my heart desires. 2011 promises a lot of things for me, this is one of them.  My first blood in poetry making =). Can someone make a melody for this? (asking much?)


Does love really exist?
I wish it’s something one can resist
Been hurt and killed by love before
Until I feel no pain no more

The nights become longer
Looking for a warm shoulder
I never think I could ever love again
For with love I ain’t gonna bargain

I’ve been telling myself
Please spare me the pain
Or find me someone to love again.

The nights are now longer
Thinking what could have been
Or if love will find its way back to me again

I’ve met hundreds, maybe a thousand more
That love is here, my hope just soar
I will love again, for that I’m sure

“There’s one for all of us”, as they say
I just wish whoever you are, do please stay
The nights will be longer, I’ll give it a day
Just so you know, “I love you” is all I want to say.

2 comments:

  1. Ikaw na ang may maraming na-meet. Joke lang.
    Pero seriously, ang galing mo magsulat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... hundreds and thousands na nga eh... LOL. Thanks Papa Jay!

    ReplyDelete